GIOVANNA
Ti scrivero un messagio con alcune foto questa sentimana su questo blog. Spero che tu possa vedere mio blog spesso, e cosi posso sentire piu vicino a te. Hai cambiato la mia vita amore! Ci sentiamo Presto!
Today was special day for me. As most of you know, I served a mission in Italy nearly 9 years ago. In Young Womens, we had a lesson on understanding missionary work. I found myself reflecting upon a few people that I met and baptized on my mission. There are certain people that change your life....enrich your life... Giovanna being one of those people. I have been aching to hear from her for such a long time. It has been a slient plea in my heart to know of her where abouts. I got home and had an email from her! The first time in 8 years that I have heard from her. Tears were instantly brought to my eyes as I read her words of encouragement, faith, mancanza e difficolta. Then, I flip on BYU TV only to hear my favorite hymn, "Lead kindly light" as I write this post. It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful and great our God truly is. His tender mercies were POURED out upon my head this day for some reason! Not a day passes when I don't think of Giovanna. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to bring the gospel to a foreign land and see it CHANGE someone, change me. At the end of the day, this is what matters! His gospel and what we choose to do with it. I was given such a gift of memory today. I thank Him for this sweet experience today. I am going to post some pictures of my memores shortly. - I just realized that 8 years ago this week I left that beautiful country.
3 comments:
Has it really been 8 years?? I still remember the night you left so clearly. I think it is such a blessing that even 8 years later, mission experiences continue to inspire and teach us and bring a smile to our face.
What a beautiful post. I love days like those, where it's just the simple things.. like hearing a hymn.. that mean so much. :)
And seriously.. 8 years?
Amazing. I love her! And I love you! Sore' - TU hai cambiato la mia missione e la mia vita. Un bacio grandissimo!
Post a Comment