Well this year for Christmas we went to El Paso for a week. I have to say it was one of the best Christmas's we have ever had as a family. The kids were both so excited to be there and enjoy time with the family. E'lan and I spent a day working on our gift to the kids while Nana and Grandpop spent the day showing them off. We went ice skating, and had a blast. Juliette and I crashed pretty good and it was AWESOME! Christmas Eve came upon us quickly. For Christmas this year Joshua wrote a letter to Santa asking him for a bag, then he drew a picture of the bag and it was full of boxes. When I asked him what was in the boxes, he said it was a red bag like Santa's full of gifts to give to children. When I asked what he wanted, he repeated the same thing. Sooooo, on Christmas Eve, Santa called Joshua and told him that an Elf made a special delivery - his very own red santa bag full of goodies to hand out while Caroling. It was fantastic! He ran outside to find it hanging with a Santa hat from the mailbox. He threw it on his back just like Santa, he loved it. Then, we went Caroling with the whole family, and Joshua handed out the North Pole's Cookie boxes. We had a live nativity with the kids and acted out Luke 2. Christmas morning rolled around and it was great. The kids loved their new car - but the winner of all was Aunt Myrna's stroller and lifelike babydoll to Naomi, she got a "whoa" and I quote. It was great. Naomi sang songs to Abuelita (great grandma all week). We - the four of us - recieved really cool tailor made aprons for all our cooking ventures, they were the highlight of my gifts. Joshua absolutley adores all of his Great Uncles, Eli and Ken specifically. It is so neat to see him develop relationships with all these great people. That night, Joshua tried reciting the "I Believe in Santa Clause" Book to everyone at dinner, and he showed the fmaily the symbols of Christmas. The last night we were there, we had a firepit in the backyard and it was great. The kids were showered with lots of love and of course gifts! It will be a longstanding memory for me I know....laughing all night by the fire, playing games, shopping, eating, talking with relatives we dont' always see. So, here are only a few pictures I was able to capture. I truly relished in celebrating the real meaning of Christmas and it warmed my heart to see Joshua comprehend the power of giving. God bless our children who always remind us what is truly important. What really matters to us is love and family, and of course remembering the reason for which we exist, God! I love Christmas with all its joy and symbols!
1 comment:
What FANTASTIC MEMORIES!!! Josh is such a special little guy with a huge heart!!! I sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment